Thursday 19 March 2015

Tractor World 2015

As regular readers may know I'm fairly partial to the odd tractor or even heavy machinery, well who isn't? It always brings out the child in me especially at the bigger tractor shows as there is always something different lurking in one of the sheds. Tractor World at the Malvern show ground is now an annual event for me and I always enjoy travelling to the Malvern hills and seeing what I can find...

1943 Caterpillar D42T

(ink sketch)
I've sketched a few Caterpillars now and I'm always drawn to them at shows. A lot of the time they don't have the blade on the front and seeing this D42T in such great used condition with the blade I thought it was a great point to start a day of sketching.

This particular example was ex U.S. Military, I'm currently trying to find out more about it from the owner. To find out more about Caterpillars please visit The Link Caterpillar Club Website.


Massey Ferguson 135 Vinyard

(ink sketch)

I found this amazing high lift Massey in the auction. This machine was used on a tobacco plantation, the reason for the high stance is to enable the tractor to pass over high crops without damaging them.

1949 Allis Chalmers Model G Mower

 (ink sketch)

After looking around for my final sketch of the day I came across this Allis Chalmers and thought I'd challenge myself with something fairly complex. I love the exposed nature of these mowers, everything is functional, the only form of any intended style comes from the rear cowling, but this is an extreme of function over form.

This tractor is more like a motorised cultivator. It was designed to be used on small farms with implements were designed to be attached underneath the tractor.


More photos....

international Harvester A5 Truck

One of the major displays was of Yeoman Tractors. These V4 diesel tractors were produced between 1949 - 57

1967 Winget 42
The J.A.P. Jobber, a motorised garden implement with a few different attachments.
1928 International 10-20
Lovely ford on the auction.
Interesting crawler in the auction, possibly Ransomes?
Fordson halftrack, 
I've seen trenching versions of these, not sure on the technical term for this type of halftrack.
Portable Steam Engine
Unimog
1919 John Deere Waterloo Boy
Some of the other Caterpillars on The Link Caterpillar Club Stand
1950's BMB Hoemate




No comments:

Post a Comment