Wednesday 26 February 2014

Telford Twin Shock Show 2014

1949 BSA Gold Star Flat Tracker

(ink sketch)

Imported fro the States where this was used on the long tracks this Gold Start was going to be run on the Red Marley Hill Climb last year but the event got canceled. This year the pre 50s class isn't running so it looks like this bike may never see the hill. The Red Marley Hill Climb is on Easter Monday and is a great day out. Have a look at the videos of previous years on You Tube

1949/50 Mk I Excelsior Speedway Bike

(ink sketch)

I always appreciate a good JAP speedway bike but I've never seen an Excelsior Speedway bike. The Mk I that I sketched belonged to a man who also owned the Mk II (pictured below) and the Sunbeam Speedway bike seen behind. The Sunbeam is the only known example of this 20's racer, a rare beast indeed shame the photos I took of it were no good!

1978 SWM 250 RSMC

(ink sketch)

After being commissioned to sketch two of Chris's Can-Am bikes last year I stopped by the Canned Ham stand, where I saw this great SWM. This is the Italian variant of the Can-Am which runs the same Rotax engine. I think this bike has a little more style in the tank than the Can-Am bikes but what do you expect from the Italians?

More Photos....

 JAP Speedway
 If only I had £1200 for this methanol BSA scrambler!


If I had been at the event for the whole weekend then I would have sketched this for sure.


For more info on the Telford Twin Shock Show please Visit their site:

Telford Twin Shock




No comments:

Post a Comment